About Dr. Daniel J. Wood, M.D.
Dr. Wood was born in St. Louis, Missouri and grew up in Cumberland, Maryland. He has been practicing plastic surgery here in West Virginia for over 20 years. His undergraduate education was at West Virginia University in Morgantown. He graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in psychology and biology in 1983.
Dr. Wood received his Doctorate of Medicine from West Virginia University School of Medicine in 1989. His general surgery residency was completed with West Virginia University School of Medicine at Charleston Area Medical Center in 1994. Dr. Wood attended the University of North Carolina, School of Medicine from 1994 through 1996, where he completed his plastic surgery residency.
Since 1991, Dr. Wood has been licensed by the West Virginia Board of Medicine. He is certified with the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Medical Association and the Nathan Womack Surgical Society.
Dr. Wood uses Allergan Implants.
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, BS, Psychology, Biology – Magna Cum Laude, 1983
- West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV, 1978-1982
- West Virginia University School of Medicine, Charleston Division, CAMC General Surgery Residency, 1990-1994
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC Plastic Surgery Residency, 1994-1996
Certifications and Licensing
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Medical License – State of West Virginia, 1991
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Nathan Womack Surgical Society